Wednesday, January 18, 2012

plans.

The last two days have been so surreal.

I haven't really had a chance to process everything that has happened - and I'm not just talking about Gord dying, I'm talking about the last 4 1/2 years of my life. This morning I woke up with my whole body aching - my back & shoulder muscles hurting, my legs, my feet, my head, everything felt beat up. I said to my dad 'I feel like I ran a marathon.'.... "you have."
I'll write more (lots more) about this when I have had a chance to sit down & think clearly for a while.

Yesterday funeral arrangements started being made - for those of you who would like to attend:
visitation: Sunday, January 22 (Gord's 41st birthday) 2-4pm & 7-9pm
Service: Monday, January 23 11:00am.
Both at Cresmount funeral home on Fennell ave in Hamilton.
A reception will be held afterwards at the Cresmount location on Upper James. When my dad & I went to see the reception room & decide if it would be big enough, "Do you mind noise?" I asked... "We LOVE noise." - so, if you are inclined, feel free to bring your instrument of choice.

In lieu of flowers, some family will be setting up a care & education fund for Frankie. I'll pass along more information as it becomes available. At first I was like 'Nawwww...' but she's already kind of a genius, so I'm pretty sure she's going to at least graduate high school.

If you are on facebook, please feel free to join 'gordslist:Friends of Gord High' which, since it began yesterday has already proven to be an amazing community of people who just love the heck out of this guy. It's really wonderful to read everyone's stories & memories of him.

xoxo





3 comments:

  1. Hey Nicole, I will be out of town on Saturday for a week and so sad to miss the funeral and reception. I didn't know Gord well but boy did he leave an impression on me. So very sweet. I remember when he beamed to me that you two were dating. It was amazing! And he was all giddy about it. He helped me out when the web was down and sometimes he would even come by personally. I was so amazed. I saw him now and again when he was back part-time and the more I know about me, the more I fricken missed out. But I see that what I did know of him and what I might have even done to fill in the blanks shouts loud and clear in the memories you have shared with us, and the memories other have shared on FB. And Frankie. Well she is a work of art. Of love. Of promise. Of everything that can be perfectly right in the world. And a portal for many to keep sharing the love of Gord into that tiny heart (if she can even handle it). And you ... you keep on keeping on. Your aches and pains are real signs of what you've been through. So very much. I said it already but you are an inspiration. I may not see you or know you as well as I'd like to but lives and their impact work in mysterious ways. Genuine hugs to you and I hope that maybe I can meet up with you and Frankie to stir shit up. xo Lisa Ayuso

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to be sure....Is the Service: Monday, January 23 at 11:00pm. or 11:00am? Your post has it as pm.

    Lots of love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 11 AM! Good catch! Has been fixed in the post.

      Delete